Applies to: PowerPoint for Office 365, PowerPoint 2019, PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2013 PowerPoint 2010.
You can use a picture as the background for a slide or slides.
You can adjust the picture’s transparency after you add it to the slide.
Tip: Check out these YouTube videos from PowerPoint community experts for more help with pictures and graphics!
Insert a background picture on a slide
- Right-click the margin of the slide and then press Format Background.
- In the Format Background pane, select Picture or texture fill.
- Under Insert picture from, select where to get the picture from:
|Option||Use it to|
|File||Insert a picture from your computer or network drive.|
|Clipboard||Insert a copied picture(This option is unavailable if you haven’t Copied a picture.)|
|Online||Search the web for an image.|
- To adjust the picture’s relative lightness, slide the Transparency bar to the right.
- To relay the background picture to all slides in your presentation, click Apply to All. Otherwise, simply exit the Format Background pane.
Remove a background picture
- In Normal view, choose a slide that has the background pattern or picture you want to remove.
- On the Design tab of the toolbar ribbon, in the Customise group at the far right end, pick Format Background.
- In the Format Background pane, under Fill, click Solid Fill.
- Press the down arrow beside the Colour button. A gallery of colours displays. Pick the white colour. Your existing background is instantly replaced with white.
- If you want to make the same change to the other slides in the presentation, choose Apply to All at the bottom of the Format Background pane.