Applies to: PowerPoint for Office 365, PowerPoint for Office 365 for Mac, PowerPoint for the web, PowerPoint 2019, PowerPoint 2019 for Mac, PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint 2010, PowerPoint 2007, PowerPoint 2016 for Mac, PowerPoint for Mac 2011.
When designing your presentation, you’ll routinely create new slides, change your slides around, and remove any unwanted slides.
- Pick the slide you want your new slide to follow.
- Choose Home > New Slide.
- Decide a layout.
- Click the text box and enter.
- For a single slide: Right-click the slide in the thumbnail pane on the left, and press Delete Slide.
- For multiple slides: Tap and hold Ctrl, and in the thumbnail pane on the left, choose the slides. Release the Ctrl key. Then right-click the picked item and click Delete Slide.
- For a sequence of slides: Press and hold Shift, and in the thumbnail pane on the left, choose the first and last slides in the sequence. Release the Shift key. Then right-click the chosen slides and pick Delete Slide.
Duplicate a slide
In the thumbnail pane on the left, right-click the slide thumbnail that you prefer to duplicate, and then select Duplicate Slide. The duplicate is added straight after the original.
Rearrange the order of slides
In the left pane, select the thumbnail of the desired slide to be placed in another location, and then drag it to the specific area.
To select multiple slides: Press and hold Ctrl, and in the left pane, press each slide that you want to edit the order of. Release the Ctrl key, and then drag the specified slides as a collection to the new location.