Applies to: Microsoft Teams.
As an attendee of a live event in Teams, you can watch live events and interact in the moderated Q&A. You’re unable to share audio or video.
Watch this video for an overview of attending a live event in Teams.
Before watching a live event
- Ensure your browser enables third-party cookies.
- Check your browser supports Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Azure Media Player.
Join the live event
Enter the live event link, to join the event.
- If you access the event from Teams, you’ll join the event in Teams.
Note: Live events don’t use your Microsoft Teams device preferences yet. Use your operating system sound setting to choose your speaker for the live event.
- If you launch the event from Outlook, you can join from the web or open the event in Teams.
- If the live event is still pending, you’ll notice the message “The live event has not yet started.”
- For live events that are available to the public:
- If you’re already signed in to Teams, you’ll participate as an authenticated user.
- If you’re logged out of Teams, you’ll join anonymously on the web.
- If you’re attending the live event on the web, apply a media-source extension(MSE)-enabled web browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. Safari is currently unsupported.
Note: If the live event begins in low resolution, you may have to manually reset it to a higher resolution.
Watch the live event later
When the live event is finished, you can still watch the recording using the same link, if the organiser decided to release the recording.