Applies to: SharePoint Online, SharePoint Server 2016, SharePoint Foundation 2013, SharePoint Server 2013 Enterprise, SharePoint Server 2013, SharePoint Online admin centre, SharePoint Online Small Business.
The SharePoint Store is a public marketplace that you can access directly from a SharePoint site by which you can purchase apps from third-party developers for personal or organisational use. An app for SharePoint is a small, user-friendly, single application that conducts a granular task or addresses a business need. You can insert apps to your site to customise it with tailored functionality or to showcase information.
- The Office and SharePoint App Stores are optional services operated by Microsoft Corporation or its affiliate from any of Microsoft’s worldwide facilities. The apps available in the Store are provided by various app publishers, and are subject to the app publisher’s terms and conditions and privacy statement. Your use of any of these apps may result in your data being transferred to, stored, or processed in any country where the app publisher, its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. Availability of specific apps and payment methods depends on your region and service. You can review the app publisher’s terms and conditions and privacy statements before downloading and using such apps.
- The SharePoint Store is not supported for GCC High and M tenants.
To create an app to a site, you must have at least Full Control permissions for that site. If you are a Site Owner, this permission is already bestowed to you.
- On your desired site for inserting an app, pick Settings and then choose Add an app.
- On the Your Apps page, press SharePoint Store in the Quick Launch bar on the left.
- Use the Categories on the left to filter the selection and browse for your exact app that you’re looking for. If you already know the name or tag for your particular app, enter that into the search box and search for it directly.
- Select your preferred app to add. Pick Details or Reviews to learn more about the app.
- If you are buying this app, use the drop-down list below the price to clarify whether you are buying it for your personal use, or for use by multiple people. If required, state your desired number of user licences that to use.
- To purchase the app, pick Buy It. (If it’s a free app, click Add it.)
- Follow the steps to sign in on with your Microsoft account to buy the app.
- Once you are asked whether you want to trust the app, review the Terms & Conditions and the Privacy Statement from the app developer, and then select Trust It.
- The app will now appear on the Site Contents page. Press Settings and then select Site Contents, which takes you to the app. See Add an App Part to a page for info on how to use the new app.
Good to know
- A Microsoft account is not the same thing as a work or school account. If you don’t already have a Microsoft account, you can sign up for one.
- Some apps in the SharePoint Store are free, while others are available for purchase.
- If your admin has not configured your site to allow users to buy apps, you may still be able to request an app. The person in your organisation who manages the App Catalogue site can approve or deny requests for purchasing apps.
Need support for a specific issue with the SharePoint Store?
For help with a billing issue with the SharePoint Store, go to Microsoft Account Help.