Applies to: Excel for Office 365, Excel for Office 365 for Mac, Excel for the web, Excel 2019, Excel 2016, Excel 2019 for Mac, Excel 2013, Excel 2010, Excel 2007, Excel 2016 for Mac, Excel for Mac 2011, Excel Mobile.
Data from numerous cells can be joined into a single cell using the Ampersand symbol (&) or the CONCAT function.
Combine data with the Ampersand symbol (&)
- Choose the cell for placing the combined data.
- Enter = and click the first cell you want to merge.
- Enter & and use quotation marks with a space within.
- Click the next cell you want to integrate and hit enter. An example formula might be =B2&” “&C2.
Combine data using the CONCAT function
- Click whichever cell you want to insert the combined data.
- Enter =CONCAT(.
- Choose the cell you want to combine first. Use commas to divide the cells you are merging and use quotation marks to add spaces, commas, or other text.
- Finish the formula with a parenthesis and press Enter. An example formula might be =CONCAT(A2, ” Family”).