Applies to: Word for Office 365, Word 2019, Word 2016, Word 2013, Word 2010, Word 2007.
- Place your cursor at the end of your preferred text to cite.
- Visit References > Style, and click a citation style.
- Click Insert Citation.
- Select Add New Source and add the information about your source.
After you’ve inserted a source to your list, you can constantly cite it again:
- Move your cursor at the end of your targeted text to cite.
- Visit References > Insert Citation, and confirm your source which you are citing.
To create details, such as page numbers if you’re citing a book, press Citation Options, and then Edit Citation.
Create a bibliography
With cited sources in your document, you’re equipped to produce a bibliography.
- Move your cursor where you want the bibliography.
- Select References > Bibliography, and confirm a format.
Tip: If you cite a new source, enter it to the bibliography by selecting anywhere in the bibliography and picking Update Citations and Bibliography.