Applies to: Microsoft Teams.
After you make a team from an existing Office 365 group, you’ll promptly share the same group privacy (public or private) and members as the initial group.
Note: Your organisation can restrict who can create teams. If you can’t create a team or need to turn off team creation, check with your IT admin.
- Begin by pressing Teams on the left side of the app, then select Join or create a team at the bottom of your teams list.
- Next, select Create team (first card, top left corner).
- From here, choose Create from…, and pick Office 365 group. You’ll notice a collection of groups that you presently own, don’t formerly have a related team, and contain under 5000 members.
- Pick your desired group, and a team with the exact name will generate automatically. The team will share the equal group privacy (public or private) and members as the first group.
- This option is absent for groups that exceed 5,000 members or have previously been applied to formulate another team.
- Groups designed through Yammer are unable to be modified to a team.
Hey, want to know what to do next?
As the author of the team, you are the owner. Invite people to your team and manage team settings and permissions. For a closer check at roles and permissions, see Team owner, member, or guest capabilities in Teams.