Applies to: Microsoft Teams.
If you want to utilise the same data, channels, and settings from an existing team to formulate a new team, you can create a copy before deciding how your new team is organised and structured.
Note: Your organisation can restrict who can create teams. If you can’t create a team or need to turn off team creation, check with your IT admin.
- First and foremost, select Teams on the left side of the app, then pick Join or create a team at the bottom of your teams list.
- Then, choose Create team (first card, top left corner).
- From here, pick Create from…, then press Team. You’ll observe a list of teams that you currently own.
- Specify the team you want to copy.
- Entitle your team, insert a description, modify the team privacy, or adjust the team’s data classification, if your organisation has configured this. You can even apply the checkboxes to select which aspects of the team you want to copy: channels, tabs, settings, apps, and even members.
- After you’re finished, choose Create.
Remember that once you produce the new team, you are still required to configure the settings for apps and tabs.
What to do next
If you didn’t select to copy members from an existing team (step 5), keep in mind that you must add members to your team.