Applies to: Outlook for Office 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010.
In Outlook, you can design one or numerous personalised signatures for your email messages. Your signature can contain text, images, your electronic business card, a logo, or even an image of your handwritten signature.
You can configure Outlook to preset signatures on all outgoing messages or add your signature and apply it to messages on a case-by-case basis.
Create your signature and choose when Outlook adds a signature to your messages
Important: If you own a Microsoft Office 365 account, and you use Outlook and Outlook on the web or Outlook on the web for business, you need to create a signature in both products. To design and use email signatures in Outlook on the web, see Create and add an email signature in Outlook.com or Outlook on the web.
If you want to see how it’s done, go directly to the video below.
- Open a new email message.
- On the Message menu, click Signature > Signatures.
Depending on the size of your Outlook window and whether you’re starting a new email message or a reply or forward, the Message menu and the Signature button could be in two various locations.
- Under Select signature to edit, select New, and in the New Signature dialogue box, enter a name for the signature.
- Under Edit signature, create your signature. You can alter fonts, font colours, and sizes, as well as text alignment. If you want to compose a more sophisticated signature with bullets, tables, or borders, use Word to format your text, then copy and paste the signature into the Edit signature box. You can also apply one of our pre-designed templates for your signature. Download the templates in Word, customise them with your personal detailsn, and then copy and paste them into the Edit signature box.
- You can insert links and images to your email signature, adjust fonts and colours, and justify the text using the small formatting bar under Edit signature.
- You can also place social media icons and links in your signature or customise one of our pre-designed templates. For further details, see Create a signature from a template.
- To incorporate images into your signature, see Add a logo or image to your signature.
- Under Choose default signature, set the following options for your signature:
- In the E-mail account drop-down box, pick an email account to link with the signature. You can have several signatures for every email account.
- If you want your signature applied to all new messages automatically, in the New messages drop-down box, choose one of your signatures. If you don’t want this setting, press (none). This ignores inserting a signature to any messages you reply to or forward.
- If you want your signature to display in the messages you reply to and forward, in the Replies/forwards drop-down, click one of your signatures. Otherwise, confirm the preset option of (none).
- Press OK to save your new signature and return to your message. Outlook doesn’t place your new signature to the message you opened in Step 1, irrespective of whether you decided to use the signature for each new message. You’ll have to insert the signature manually to this one message. All future messages will have the signature added instantly. To insert the signature manually, click Signature from the Message menu and then select the signature you just produced.
Add a logo or image to your signature
If you have a company logo or an image to join to your signature, apply the following steps.
- Open a new message and then click Signature > Signatures.
- In the Select signature to edit box, select your ideal signature to insert a logo or image to.
- Choose the Image icon, find your image file, and press Insert.
- To resize your image, right-click the image, then select Picture. Choose the Size tab and use the options for image resizing. To maintain the image dimensions, ensure you keep the Lock aspect ratio checkbox checked.
- When you’re finished, press OK, then click OK again to save the updateso your signature.
Insert a signature manually
If you decide against addinga signature for all new messages or replies and forwards, you can still paste a signature manually.
- In your e-mail message, on the Message tab, pick Signature.
- Select your signature from the fly-out menu that emerges. If you have multiple signatures, you can choose any of your composed signatures.