Applies to: Excel for Office 365, Excel for Office 365 for Mac, Excel for the web, Excel 2019, Excel 2016, Excel 2019 for Mac, Excel 2013, Excel 2010, Excel 2007, Excel 2016 for Mac, Excel for Mac 2011.
You can create and format a table, to visually group and analyse data.
Note: Excel tables shouldn’t be confused with the data tables that are part of a suite of What-If Analysis commands (Data Tools, on the Data tab). See Introduction to What-If Analysis for more information.
- Firstly, add a table in your spreadsheet. See Overview of Excel tables for more information.
- Secondly, choose a cell within your data.
- Thirdly, pick Home > Format as Table.
- Fourthly, select a style for your table.
- Next, define your cell range. Do this in the Format as Table dialogue box.
- After this, highlight if your table has headers.
- Finally, press OK.