Applies to: OneNote for Windows 10.
On Windows touch devices, you can select the Ruler on the Draw tab of the Ribbon either to draw straight lines or measure distance. The ruler adjusts to any desired position: horizontal, vertical, or any angle in between. It’s equipped with a degrees setting, enabling you to define it at an exact angle, if preferred. You can control the ruler by using your fingers.
Draw a line
- Pick your desired page for using the ruler.
- Tap the Ruler on the Draw tab to launch it on your note.
- Position the ruler at your sought angle.
- Use one finger to toggle the ruler up/down or left/right.
- Use two fingers to revolve the ruler to your preferred angle.
- Use three fingers to turn the ruler by five-degree increments.
- To draw a line – Touch a pen or highlighter on the Draw tab, and start drawing.
Hide the ruler
- Tap the Ruler on the Draw tab to remove it from your notes’ drawing area.