Applies to: Excel for Office 365, Excel for Office 365 for Mac, Excel for the web, Excel 2019, Excel 2016, Excel 2019 for Mac, Excel 2013, Excel 2010, Excel 2007, Excel 2016 for Mac.
Filter your data to hone in on a smaller segment of your PivotTable data for granular analysis. Initially, add one or multiple slicers for a fast and productive way to filter your data. Slicers contain responsive buttons you can press to filter the data, and keep present alongside your data, ensuring you’re constantly aware what fields are visible or hidden in the filtered PivotTable.
Tip: Now in Excel 2016, you can multi-select slicers by pressing the button on the label as shown above.
Filter data in a PivotTable
- Choose a cell in the PivotTable. Pick Analyse > Insert Slicer .
- Pick your suited fields to form slicers for. Then press OK.
- Choose your preferred items to display in the PivotTable.
Filter data manually
- Choose the column header arrow for the specific column you seek to filter.
- Uncheck (Select All) and choose the boxes you want to present. Then click OK.