Applies to: Excel for Office 365, Excel for Office 365 for Mac, Excel for the web, Excel 2019, Excel 2016, Excel 2019 for Mac, Excel 2013, Excel 2010, Excel 2007, Excel 2016 for Mac.
Filter your data to focus on a smaller portion of your PivotTable data for in-depth analysis. First, insert one or more slicers for a quick and effective way to filter your data. Slicers have buttons you can click to filter the data, and stay visible with your data, so you always know what fields are shown or hidden in the filtered PivotTable.
Tip: Now in Excel 2016, you can multi-select slicers by clicking the button on the label as shown above.
Filter data in a PivotTable
- Select a cell in the PivotTable. Select Analyse > Insert Slicer .
- Select the fields you want to create slicers for. Then select OK.
- Select the items you want to show in the PivotTable.
Filter data manually
- Select the column header arrow for the column you want to filter.
- Uncheck (Select All) and select the boxes you want to show. Then select OK.