Applies to: Outlook for Office 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013.
You can keep unwanted conversations out of your Inbox by using the Ignore Conversation feature. Ignore Conversation deletes all messages related to the conversation that you pick, and relocates new messages in the conversation directly to your Deleted Items folder.
You might recognise a Conversation by the term email thread. A Conversation is the entire chain of email messages from the first message covering all responses. The messages of a Conversation have the consistent subject.
For example, when you send a message to someone and then they reply a Conversation results. In numerous Conversations, there may be multiple replies back and forth, or even several people all replying to parts of the Conversation.
Ignore a conversation
- In the message list, choose the conversation or any message within the conversation that you want to ignore.
- On the Home tab, in the Delete group, select Ignore. If you are working from an open message, on the Message tab, in the Delete group, press Ignore.
- Select Ignore Conversation.
Note: The Ignore Conversation command in step 3 appears in the Ignore Conversation dialogue box. This dialogue box doesn’t appear if you previously selected the Don’t show this message again check box.
Stop ignoring a conversation
To stop ignoring a conversation, do the following:
Note: You can only recover an ignored conversation if it is still available in the Deleted Items folder.
- In the Deleted Items folder, choose the conversation that you want to recover, or any message within that conversation. Automatically, the Deleted Items folder is ordered by date. To change to Conversation view, pick Arrange By, and then choose Conversation.
- On the Home tab, in the Delete group, select Ignore.
- Pick Stop Ignoring Conversation. The conversation is redirected back to your Inbox. Future messages are stored in your Inbox.
Note: The Stop Ignoring Conversation command in step 3 appears in the Stop Ignoring Conversation dialogue box. This dialogue box is not visible if you previously clicked the Don’t show this message again check box.
This information was compiled using information courtesy of © Microsoft 2020. All rights reserved.