Applies to: OneNote for Windows 10.
If you want to visually structure information in your notes, you can add and format a table in OneNote for Windows 10.
- In OneNote, select or tap on your desired page to place your table.
- Press or tap Insert > Table, and then drag the cursor over the grid until you highlight your preferred number of columns and rows. Once the table is added, the Table tab displays on the ribbon with controls you can use to customise the table.
- Do any of the following to customise the table:
- To insert a column or row, pick a cell next to or above the desired row or column to add, and then on the Table tab, press or tap where you want to add the row or column.
- To edit a column width, select or tap the edge of the column to drag it.
- To sort a table column, select or tap a cell in the column by your preference of sorting, and then on the Table tab, press or tap Sort.
- To hide table borders, press or tap a cell in the table, and then on the Table tab, choose or tap Hide Borders.
- To shade a cell, row, or column, pick the cell, row, or column, and then on the Table tab, select or tap Shading.
- To alter the font of table text, click the text, and then on the Home tab, pick or tap the sought font, size, highlighting, or other effect.
Note: If you erase a row or column in your table that you accidentally deleted, choose Undo in the upper-right corner of the app window, or press Ctrl+Z on your keyboard.