Applies to: Microsoft Teams.
You can join a Teams meeting whenever you want, from any device, despite you either having or not owning a Teams account. If you don’t have an account, follow these steps to join as a guest.
Note: Some meetings don’t allow people to join as guests.
- Find the meeting invite and choose Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.
- That’ll launch a web page, where you’ll notice two choices: Download the Windows app and Join on the web instead. If you join on the web, you can deploy either Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. Your browser could prompt you if it’s okay for Teams to utilise your mic and camera. Ensure to enable it so you’ll be seen and heard in your meeting.
- Type your name and pick your audio and video settings. If the meeting room (or another device that’s connected to the meeting) is nearby, select Audio off to prevent disruption. Click Phone audio if you prefer to listen to the meeting on your mobile phone.
- Once you’re ready, tap Join now.
- This will take you into the meeting lobby. We’ll update the meeting organiser that you’re present, and someone in the meeting can then register you.
- If no one registers you to the meeting within 15 minutes, you’ll be taken out from the lobby. If that happens, you can try joining again.
- Some features of Teams meetings aren’t offered to guests.
If you’re the meeting organiser, we’ll notify you after someone is waiting in the lobby.
Pick Admit to accept them straight into the meeting, or View lobby to approve or deny them, and also view a list of everyone who’s waiting.