Make and send e-mail
- Firstly, select New E-mail to begin a new message.
- Next, enter a name or e-mail address in the To, Cc, or Bcc field. NB: If Bcc isn’t there, read Show, hide, and view the Bcc box.
- After that, type the subject of the e-mail message in the Subject box.
- Fourthly, move the cursor in the body of the e-mail message, and enter a message.
- Finally, press Send after entering your message.
Use @mentions to get someone’s attention
- In the body of the e-mail message or calendar invite, type the @ symbol and the first few characters of the contact’s first or surname.
- Select the contact you want to message. NB: Automatically, their full name is displayed when Outlook prompts one or more suggestions. For example, you may delete part of the mention, except for a person’s first name.
- The mentioned contact is added to the To line of the e-mail or meeting request.
Focused Inbox assists you in prioritising e-mails, in terms of importance. It splits your inbox into two tabs – Focused and Other.
- Choose the Focused or Other tab.
- Right-click the message you need to move and click Move to Other or Move to Focused.
NB: Focused Inbox can be activated or deactivated by clicking View > Show Focused Inbox.