Design a PivotTable
- Choose your preferred cells to create a PivotTable from: Note: Your data shouldn’t contain any blank rows/columns. It must only include a single-row heading.
- Click Insert > PivotTable.
- Below Choose the data that you want to analyse, choose Select a table or range.
- In Table/Range, confirm the cell range.
- Under Choose where you want the PivotTable report to be placed, select New worksheet to arrange the PivotTable in a new worksheet or Existing worksheet and then confirm the location you want the PivotTable to be based.
- Press OK.
Structuring the Contents of your PivotTable
- To insert a field in your PivotTable, confirm the field name checkbox in the PivotTables Fields pane. Note: Chosen fields are placed in their pre-defined sections: non-numeric fields are set to Rows, date and time hierarchies are allocated to Columns, and numeric fields are inserted into Values.
- To relocate a field from one field to a different one, drag the field to the desired area.