In Excel, you have a selection of formatting numbers within cells for data types such as currency, percentages, dates, or phone numbers.
- Choose a cell or a cell range.
- Select Number from the drop-down, coming from the Home tab.
- Or, you can follow one of these options:
- Press CTRL + 1 and click Number.
- Right-click the cell or cell range, choose Format Cells…, and press Number.
- Click the dialogue box launcher beside Number and then press Number.
- Decide the format you want.
To view all accessible number formats, select the Dialogue Box Launcher beside the Number on the Home in the Number group.