Applies to: PowerPoint for Office 365, PowerPoint for Office 365 for Mac, PowerPoint for the web, PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint 2010, PowerPoint 2016 for Mac.
Just like you use folders to organise your files, you can use sections to organise your slides into purposeful groups.
You can delegate a section to each colleague to simplify slide ownership during collaboration. And if you’re working from scratch, you can use sections to describe each aspect of your presentation.
Add a section
- Right-click between slides and choose Add Section.
An Untitled Section is created in the thumbnail pane, and the Rename Section dialogue box launches.
- Enter a name in the Section name box.
- Pick Rename.
- To collapse a section, press the triangle beside the section name. The numeral next to the section name displays the number of slides in that section.
Move or delete a section
Click View > Slide Sorter.
From here, you can:
- Move a section: Right-click and press Move Section Up or Move Section Down.
- Delete a section: Right-click and click Remove Section.