Applies to: Microsoft Teams.
In this article
Play a meeting recording in Teams
If you were amongst the meeting, find the chat history in Teams and press Play to play the meeting recording straight from Teams.
- To enable closed captions, click CC in the player.
- If you must edit the closed captions, see Edit the recording transcript.
Play a meeting recording in Stream
If you own the meeting recording, you can even discover it on Microsoft Stream. Simply press My Content > Videos.
Who can view a meeting recording?
Once the recording is uploaded to Microsoft Stream, the recorder is the owner of the video and the people in their org who were invited to the meeting are the viewers. The owner must give permission or download the video to share the recording surpassing these people.
Note: For now, guests and external people who attend the meeting won’t be able to view the recording unless the recorder shares it with them.
|Type||Owner||Who can view||Who can download||Who can delete|
|Team meeting recording||Recorder||Team (Microsoft 365 group)||Owner only||Owner only|
|Private meeting recording||Recorder||Attendees (chat members)||Owner only||Owner only|
|Group call recording||Recorder||Chat members||Owner only||Owner only|
Share a link to a meeting recording with others
If you recorded the meeting, you can share the recording with people who are external; to your org or who didn’t attend the meeting, but you have to take a few extra steps.
Note: Only the owner of the meeting recording can update permissions for the recording.
Step 1. Set video permissions in Stream
- As the meeting recording owner, go to the recording in the Teams chat history and press More options > Open in Microsoft Stream.
- Edit the permissions for the video to allow groups or individuals to view it in Stream.
a. In the Microsoft Stream portal, under the video, click > Edit.
b. In the Permissions section, insert people or Microsoft 365 groups who require viewer or owner access to the video. See Permissions and privacy for details.
Note: This is also where recording owners can name additional owners.
Step 2. Get a link to share
- In Teams, go to the meeting recording in the chat history and choose More options > Get link.
- In the Get Stream link dialogue box, pick Copy.
- Paste the link into an e-mail or Teams message and press Send .
Download a meeting recording
Recording owners can download and deliver their meeting recordings.
- Find the meeting recording in the chat history and pick More options > Open in Microsoft Stream.
- On the Microsoft Stream portal, tap > Download original video.
- Append the video to a Teams conversation by selecting Attach under the compose box. Or share the recording in whichever way that is preferable to you.