Whilst you conduct a mail merge, Word adds the records from a data source, or recipients list, into your primary document. A recipients list for a mail merge operation can include an Excel sheet, the Office Address Book, a FileMaker Pro database, a Word document, or a delimited text file.
Important: You must own a current recipients list, like a Word document that contains addresses, to finish this procedure. For further details about how to configure a recipients list, see Create a data source for a mail merge
- On the File menu, select New Blank Document.
A fresh, blank Word document opens. This changes to your main document.
- On the View menu, pick Print Layout.
- On the Tools menu, select Mail Merge Manager.
- Under 1. Select Document Type, press Create New, and then pick Labels.
- Under Printer information, confirm your specific printer type that you use.
- On the Label products pop-up menu, select the manufacturer of your labels.
Tip: For more label products, on the Label products pop-up menu, pick Other.
- Below Product number, choose your particular label type that you own, and then select OK.
Tip: For information about the margins and other characteristics of a label, press Details.
- In the Mail Merge Manager, under 2. Select Recipients List, pick Get List, and then choose the source for the recipients list (for example, Office Address Book).
- On the Insert Merge Field pop-up menu, select a field name in the list (for example, FirstName). Word inserts the field name to the Sample label box.
Tip: To return to this dialogue box later, in the Mail Merge Manager below 2. Select Recipients List, click Add or remove placeholders on labels .
- Repeat step 9 for every sought field that you prefer to display in your labels.
- When you’ve created every relevant field that you seek, click OK.
Your field names are transferred into all the labels in your key document.
- In your main document, amend the first label to create spaces, commas, and carriage returns in your desired location.
- In the Mail Merge Manager, beneath 2. Select Recipients List, c Fill in the items to complete your document .
Word relays the formatting that you use for the initial label to the remaining labels.
- To complete your labels, do one of the following:
|Preview your labels||In the Mail Merge Manager, below 5. Preview Results, pick View Merged Data .|
|Print your labels immediately||In the Mail Merge Manager, beneath 6. Complete Merge, select Merge to Printer .|
|Create a document that contains your merged labels that you can save||In the Mail Merge Manager, under 6. Complete Merge, press Merge to New Document .|