Applies to: PowerPoint for Office 365, PowerPoint for Office 365 for Mac, PowerPoint for the web, PowerPoint 2019 PowerPoint 2019 for Mac, PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint 2010, PowerPoint 2016 for Mac.
In PowerPoint, you can print your slides, your speaker notes, and create handouts for your audience.
Print your presentation
- Choose File > Print.
- For Printer, pick your preferred type of printer.
- For Settings, confirm your suited options:
- Slides: From the drop-down, confirm to print all slides, chosen slides, or the current slide. Or, in the Slides box, specify which slide numbers to print, separated by a comma.
- Print Layout: Select to print only the slides, merely the speaker notes, an outline, or handouts.
The Outline prints just the text in the slides, without images. The Notes of a presentation present the slide and the related speaker notes under it. If you opt for print Handouts, you can print multiple slides on one page using several layouts, some with space for note-taking.
- Collated: Pick whether you want the sheets collated or uncollated.
- Colour: Decide whether you want colour, greyscale, or pure black and white.
- Edit Header & Footer: Confirm to edit the header and footer before printing.
- For Copies, choose how many copies you want to print.
- Click Print.
Printed handouts: Add or remove slide numbering
|This feature is available to Office 365 Subscribers only.|
Automatically, PowerPoint for Office 365 (beginning with version 1810) contains a slide number beneath every slide image printed handouts.
You can deactivate this option in the Print dialogue box on the same menu where you decided to print Handouts. By the bottom of the menu are numerous toggle options with checkmarks. Clear the checkmark beside Print slide numbers on handouts: