Using Access allows you to create a database without typing code or being a database expert.
Effectively crafted templates make it easier for you to construct databases. Easily find only the data you need with queries. Instantly design forms for basic data entry. Summarise data in grouped and summary reports. Dozens of Wizards simplify beginning and staying productive.
- Launch Access. If Access is already open, click File > New.
- Press Blank database, or choose a template.
- Type a name for the database, decide a location, and next choose Create. If required, click Enable content found in the yellow message bar when the database appears.
For further in-depth details, read Create a new database.
Import data from Excel
- Open the Excel workbook, ensuring that every column has a heading and similar data type, followed by choosing the selection of data.
- Click External Data > Excel.
- Press Browse to locate the Excel file, confirm the pre-existing values, and next click OK.
- Choose Does the first row of your data contain column headings?, and then select Next.
- Proceed through the remainder of the wizard screens, and press Finish.
For further details, refer to Import or link to data in an Excel worksheet.