In Project, you can:
- Produce project plans.
- Construct project teams and assign resources.
- Look at different views of task and resources.
- Benchmark progress.
- Control budgets.
- This Quick Start is specific to Microsoft Project 2019, 2016, and the Office 365 subscription Project Online Desktop Client. Project Online has some extra features that assist online interaction.
- For more detailed information about creating a new project, see Create a new project.
Create a project from a template
- Launch Project.
Or pick File > New if you’re currently working in a project plan.
- Click a template or enter in the Search for online templates box and then select Enter.
Or, confirm Blank Project to design a fresh project.
- When you click a template, pick your preferred options and press Create. Adapt the resources, tasks, and durations in the template to match your own project’s needs.
Note: To make a new project from an existing project, edit the project start and finish dates, and then save the project file with a different name or in a different location.
Add tasks to a project
- Press View > Task Views > Gantt Chart.
- Input a task name in the first empty Task Name field.
- Click Enter.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to type the tasks you want.
If inserting tasks individually begins to become too tedious, you can also: