Applies to: PowerPoint for Office 365, PowerPoint 2019, PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint 2010, PowerPoint 2007.
PowerPoint assists you with recording and timing of a presentation before you present it to an audience.
Tip: For the most profound rehearsal experience, consider opening your presentation in PowerPoint for the web and using Presenter Coach. For more information, see: Rehearse your slide show with Presenter Coach.
Rehearse the presentation
- Choose Slide Show > Rehearse Timings.
- Pick Next, select the mouse or press the Right Arrow key to advance to the next slide.
- The time for the existing slide is displayed to the right of the Pause icon. The time to the right of that is the entire presentation’s time.
- Click Pause to pause the recording. Press Resume Recording to resume.
- Click Yes to save the slide timings, or No to discard them.
You can also press Esc to halt the recording and leave the presentation.
View the timings
Press View > Slide Sorter. The amount of time set to a slide is presented at the bottom-right of the slide.
Turn off recorded slide timings before you give a presentation
To stop slides from intuitively progressing, use the recorded slide timings as follows:
- Click Set Up > Slide Show.
- Clear the Use Timings or Use Rehearsed Timings checkbox.
To activate the slide timings on again, pick Use Timings.