Applies to: PowerPoint for Office 365, PowerPoint 2019, PowerPoint 2016.
Once you finish creating your presentation in PowerPoint, you can save it as a video to share with others.
- Click File > Export > Create a video.
- Pick a resolution for the video:
- Ultra HD (4K): Largest file size and ultra-high quality (3840 x 2160). (Only available in newer versions of PowerPoint.)
- Full HD (1080p): Large file size and full high quality (1920 x 1080).
- HD (720p): Medium file size and moderate quality (1280 x 720).
- Standard (480p): Smallest file size and lowest quality (852 x 480).
- Decide if you want to:
- Use Recorded Timings and Narrations
- Don’t Use Recorded Timings and Narrations
- In the Seconds spent on each slide box, choose the base time you want to spend on each slide.
- Click Create Video.
- Confirm a file name and then browse to the location you want to save your video.
- In the Save As type box, pick if you want to save the video as a MPEG-4 Video or Windows Media Video.
Tip: The MPEG-4 Video format is recommended for the best compatibility with video players. For more info on media formats, see Video and audio file formats supported in PowerPoint.
- Press Save.
- It will take some time to materialise the video. Check the progress bar at the bottom of the window to see when it’s done.
To turn your presentation into a DVD, see Burn your presentation to a DVD.