Applies to: Microsoft Teams.
If you prefer to send an e-mail to a channel in Teams, apply the channel email address. After an e-mail is linked to a channel, anyone can reply to it to begin a conversation.
In this article
Send an e-mail to a channel
Visit the channel name and pick More options > Get e-mail address.
FYI, this feature must be enabled by your IT admin.
Reply to an e-mail in a channel
Once you reply to an e-mail message in a thread, it forms a conversation about the e-mail within Teams. However, this does not submit an e-mail reply to the first sender. Any comments or conversations regarding the e-mail in a channel are hidden beyond Teams.
View the original e-mail
Typically, e-mails that are distributed to a channel are too huge to view in the conversation. To view an e-mail in its initial format, choose View original email below the e-mail in the conversation.
Troubleshoot email failures
There are a few reasons why sending an e-mail to a channel can fail:
- The feature is not enabled by your IT admin.
- The channel settings restrict who can send email.
- The email contains more than 50 inline images.
- The email has more than 20 file attachments.
- The email has an attachment that’s more than 10 MB.
- The SharePoint folder associated with the channel has been deleted or renamed.