Applies to: Outlook for Office 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007.
Outlook reminders will launch over your email or calendar to inform you that a scheduled event is about to start.
Show reminders over other programmes or apps
You can configure Outlook to display your reminder window on top of other programmes you’re working in.
- Choose File > Options > Advanced.
- In the Reminders section, check the box marked Show reminders on top of other windows.
- Press OK.
Note: This feature is not available for Outlook 2013. For Office 365 subscribers, this version is available if you are on Version 1804 (Build 9226.2114) or higher.
Add or remove reminders for meetings
Set reminders for all new meetings
This applies to all the existing appointments and meetings in the calendar. Save this setting for future appointments and meetings.
- Click File > Options > Calendar.
- Under Calendar options, select or clear Default reminders.
- Set the default amount of time at which you want to receive reminders before new calendar items (for example, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.).
Set a reminder for an existing meeting
This only applies to the selected meeting in the calendar.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Calendar.
- Open the meeting. If the Open Recurring Item dialogue box appears, do one of the following:
- To set the reminder for just one appointment or meeting in a series, pick Just this one.
- To set the reminder for all the appointments or meetings in a series, pick The entire series.
- On the Meeting tab (for a recurring meeting it’s the Meeting Series tab, select the Reminder dropdown and decide how long before the appointment or meeting you want to get a reminder. To disable a reminder, choose None.
Automatically dismiss reminders for past events
If you don’t want to see reminders for previous events, you can command Outlook to automatically dismiss reminders for past events.
- Click File > Options > Advanced.
- In the Reminders section, pick Automatically dismiss reminders for past events.
Set reminders for email messages
- At the bottom of the screen, press Mail.
- Choose an email message.
- Pick Home > Follow Up > Add Reminder.
- In the Custom dialogue box, check or uncheck Reminder.
Set reminders for tasks
- At the bottom of the screen, select Tasks.
- To read the tasks, click Home >To-Do List.
- Choose a task in the list.
- Do one of the following:
- To add a task reminder to your Tasks list, pick the task and then in the Follow-up group, select a time frame to meet your deadline.
- To delete a task reminder from your Tasks list/To-Do list, in the Manage Task group, pick Remove from List.
This information was compiled using information courtesy of © Microsoft 2020. All rights reserved.