SUMIFS allows you to test several conditions and bring back a value according to those conditions. For instance, you could use SUMIFS to sum the amount of prospects registered by a particular salesperson.
SUMIFS(sum_range, criteria_range1, criteria1, [criteria_range2, criteria2], …)
- Sum the values in the cell A4 to A11 for the rows where the value in B4 to B11 is B14, and the value in C4 to C11 is A14.
- Choose a cell.
- Enter =SUMIFS, and a left parenthesis (.
- Click the sum range, and type a comma.
- Confirm the first criteria range, and type a comma.
- Set the criteria, and enter a comma.
- Decide the second criteria range, and enter a comma.
- Choose the criteria, and type a comma.
- Hit Enter.