A sparkline is a miniature chart in a worksheet cell that gives a visual summary of data. Sparklines are useful for highlighting trends in a series of values, like seasonal increases/decreases, economic cycles, or to emphasise maximum and minimum values. Arrange a sparkline close to its data for optimum impact.
Add a Sparkline
- Pick a blank cell at the end of a row of data.
- Choose Insert and select Sparkline type, like Line, or Column.
- Choose cells in the row and OK in menu.
- Greater rows of data? Drag handle to insert a Sparkline for every row.
Format a Sparkline chart
- Choose the Sparkline chart.
- Click Design and then select an option.
- Click Line, Column, or Win/Loss to edit the chart type.
- Check Markers to emphasise individual values in the Sparkline chart.
- Pick a Style for the Sparkline.
- Click Sparkline Colour and the colour.
- Pick Sparkline Colour > Weight to determine the width of the Sparkline.
- Choose Marker Colour to switch the colour of the markers.
- If the data has positive and negative values, pick Axis to display the axis.