Applies to: SharePoint Online, Office for business, SharePoint Server 2019, SharePoint Online admin centre, SharePoint Online operated by 21Vianet.
This article describes the List web part, which enables you to showcase a list from your site on a page and customise it with your own title, view, and even size.
Types of lists you can use are custom lists, announcement lists, contact lists, and issue tracking lists.
Note: Some functionality is introduced gradually to organisations that have opted in to the Targeted Release programme. This means that you may not yet see this feature or it may look different than what is described in the help articles.
Add a list to a page
- Ensure your sought list is available on the site where your page is. Here’s how to create a list if you need to.
- If you want a custom view of your list to display on your page, create the view.
- Find the page where you want to add the list.
- If your page is not already in edit mode, select Edit at the top right of the page. Hover your mouse over or under an existing web part and you’ll notice a line with a circled +, like this:
- Press +, and then choose List from the list of web parts.
- Pick your desired list to place on your page.
- Press Edit web part on the left side to change the Title, the list, the view of your list, and the size:
For SharePoint Server 2019, change the title by choosing and inputting a new title, as opposed to using Edit web part.
Add new items
- In SharePoint Online, you can create new items by pressing + New at the top of the list.
Sort, filter, and group the list in the web part
In SharePoint Online, you can insert sort, filter, and group items in the web part.
- Press the down arrow beside the title of the column you want to sort, filter, or group.
- Choose your sought action to take.