With Planner, you can build a simple yet powerful project plan for your team.
Create a plan on Planner for the web
- Click +New plan.
- Type a plan name.
- Choose Create plan to create a new group, or
- Press Add to an existing Office 365 Group.
- Pick a group, Choose Group, and then Create plan.
Add a plan to Teams
- Click +.
- Press Planner.
- Pick Create a new plan, or choose Use an existing plan from this team, and confirm a plan.
- Press Save.
- If you design a new group, click Members, and then type a name to give to a member. If you created the plan to a current group, you’ll already have team members.
Add buckets and emojis
- Press Add new bucket.
- Enter a name that is practical for your project: phases, variations of work, and so on.
- To insert an emoji, press the Windows key and the semicolon, and choose an emoji.
- Press + and give the task a name.
- Click Set due date and pick a date.
- Choose Assign and pick a team member.
- Click Add Task.
Add task details
- Pick the task.
- Click the Progress drop-down to modify the progress: Not started, In progress, or Completed.
- Write a Description.
- Below Checklist, press Add an item and enter your ideal item to apply to the checklist.
- Choose Add attachment and choose the attachment type. You can upload a File, supply a Link (URL), or attach a file in the SharePoint site related to your plan’s group.
- Enter a comment and press Send.
Comments are relayed to the group’s inbox and you can even decide to obtain these directly in your e-mail inbox.
- Choose the Show on card checkbox to present your description, checklist, or attachment on the task card.
- To swiftly insert related tasks to your plan, pick the three dots … and then Copy task.
- Enter a new name.
- Below Include, choose the checkboxes for the particular items you want to add in the new task.
- Press Copy.
Define labels to colour-code and categorise your tasks.
- Pick a colour tab and write a label name.