Use connectors to display the relationships between shapes in flowcharts, organisation charts, and other diagrams.
Automatically connect shapes
- Select View, and ensure AutoConnect is checked.
- Aim at a shape, and direct your cursor to the arrow that reveals the direction of the following shape you want to add.
- Choose the shape you want to insert and connect.
Add a moveable connection to a shape
In a dynamic connection, when you rearrange one of the connected shapes, the connector shifts with it and could move to another connection point on the shape.
- Click Home > Connector.
- Point to the centre of a shape to the moment you observe a green outline around it.
- Draw a line to the centre of the target shape you seek to connect to.
You’ll notice a green outline enclosing the shape once the shapes are connected.
- Click Home > Pointer Tool to return to normal editing.
Add a fixed connection to a shape
In a point connection, the connector endpoint remains fixed to the same connection point when you reposition a shape.
- Pick Home > Connector.
- Aim at a shape to the point where you see the connection points around the edge.
- Pick a connection point and draw a line to a connection point on your preferred shape to connect to.
The connector endpoints become green after the shapes are connected.
- Select Home > Pointer Tool.
Move a connection point
- Pick the connector endpoint you want to move.
- Drag it to the centre of a different shape to form a dynamic connection or to another connection point to produce a point connection.
Delete a connection point
- Pick the shape with a connection point that you seek to delete.
- Click Home > Connection Point.
- Press the connection point you want to delete.
- Tap Del.
- Choose Home > Pointer Tool.