In a SharePoint document library, add a new file, upload your own, and then share it with colleagues and/or partners.
Create a file
- To insert a new file, click New and your preferred file type.
- Once the new file opens in your browser, insert text, images, and more to your file and it’ll instantly be saved to the document library.
- Choose the site name to view the new file in your document library.
Upload a file
From your computer, choose your desired file and then hold down your mouse to drag and drop it into the document library.
Share a file
- Pick your ideal file to share to make a green checkmark emerge.
- Click Share.
- Choose an option to share your file:
- Create the sought e-mails of those you wish to share your file with. Write in a message, and then press Send.
- Copy Link forms a direct link to the file that you can share in an e-mail or IM.
- Outlook brings up your Outlook app with your file attached to a new e-mail.