Design a custom stencil to link shapes together that you use frequently, and then disseminate it with your team.
Create a custom stencil
- Click More Shapes > New Stencil.
- Right-click the stencil title and press Save As.
- Navigate to the My Shapes folder, if required.
- Write a file name for the stencil, and click Save.
Tip: To bring up your custom stencil in a different drawing, choose More Shapes > My Shapes, and pick the stencil name.
Add shapes to a custom stencil
- Drag shapes from the drawing page to the stencil. Or find a shape in a different stencil, right-click it, pick Add to My Shapes, and choose your custom stencil.
- Press Save.
- To edit the shape’s name, right-click the shape, select Rename Master, and type a new name.
- Right-click the stencil title and press Edit Stencil to protect the stencil from edits and delete the asterisk.
Share a custom stencil with your team
- In a web browser, open your SharePoint team site and locate the desired folder in the document library for saving the stencil.
- Click Upload.
- Find the Documents library on your local computer, access the My Shapes folder, press the stencil file, and choose Open.
Download a custom stencil from SharePoint
- In the SharePoint library, click the stencil.
- Pick Download > Save as.
- In the Documents library on your local computer, click the My Shapes folder and pick Save.