Store linked shapes into containers to reveal relationships between shapes in a diagram.
Add a container
- Pick Insert > Container, and select a container style.
- Choose the heading text, and write a descriptive title for the container.
- Drag shapes into the container. As you drag, you’ll see a highlight around the container when the shapes are linked to it.
Connect shapes to containers
- Press Home > Container.
- Drag a connector from your target shape to the edge of the container shape you seek. An outline symbolises the shapes are connected.
Reposition the container
- To rearrange shapes in a container, pick the container and then press Pointer Tool.
- Drag the container to your preferred location to go on the drawing page.
Change the look of a container
With the container chosen, click Format for these options –
- To edit the style, choose Container Styles and pick a style.
- To alter the heading’s location, click Heading Style and select a new style.
- To edit the distance between the container and the shapes, pick Margins and confirm a distance.
- To resize the container to its smallest size, press Fit to Contents.
Prevent changes to a container
- Choose the container.
- Pick Format > Lock Container.
Remove a container
- Click the particular container you prefer to delete.
- Choose Format > Disband Container.
Note: Only the container is deleted. The shapes inside are kept.