Use dimension shapes in your Visio Professional diagrams to reflect the size of a shape in a scaled drawing.
Display measurements on the diagram
- Click More Shapes > Visio Extras > Dimensioning-Architectural.
- Drag a dimension shape onto the drawing page, and leave it beside the shape you want to measure.
- Glue the ends of the dimension shape to the points you want to measure.
- Drag the yellow circle on the dimension text to shift the text, or pick Home > Text Block and drag the text or the text handle.
Change the measurement units
- Right-click the dimension shape, and press Precision & Units.
- Select a different unit, and pick OK.
Change the size of a shape
- Press View > Task Panes > Size & Position.
- Click a shape.
- Type in new values for Width or Height.
- Choose a blank area of the drawing page to set the change.