Using OneNote allows you to take notes in your preferred approach. You can type notes, write notes, change handwritten notes to text, and also record audio notes.
Type a note
- Select or tap anywhere on the page and begin typing. Your entire work is saved instantly.
Move a note
- Drag the top of the content box to your desired location on the page.
Resize a note
- Drag the edge of the content box to modify its size.
You can handwrite notes with a mouse, stylus, or your finger.
- Click Draw, select a pen, and start writing.
Convert handwriting to text
- Select Select Objects or Type Text or Lasso Select.
- Draw a circle enclosing the text and pick Ink to Text. Now you can alter the text exactly as you would with altering your typed text.
Use OneNote to record audio notes
- Choose or tap the page, and then press Insert > Audio. OneNote subsequently commences recording.
- To end the recording, click Stop.
- To listen to the recording, select the Play button, or double-click the audio recording.